For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Happyserver Limited of 19 Skylark Road, Cambridge, CB2 9AQ. A company registered in England and Wales number 7202026.
We have used the terms we, us, our, etc to mean Happyserver Limited, and you, your, etc to mean the customer to whom we are providing goods and/or services.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data by means of a form on our website or by telephone, email or post. We may collect this data in the following ways:
- Directly from you, when you submit an order, make a request for administrative or technical support, or contact us for other reasons
- When we, from time to time, contact you regarding account or technical support matters
- From someone else who is submitting an order on your behalf
- From someone else who is seeking technical support on your behalf
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- Contact information, including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Financial information, including bank account details for refunds
- Information relevant to our provision of technical support to you, including details regarding your computer hardware and software
Why we use personal data
We use your personal data in order to enable us to deliver and charge for the software and services we provide in accordance with our contractual obligations, including the provision of technical support. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, when processing your personal data we are relying on the legal basis of:
- Our contract with you
- Our legitimate interest in being able to take payment from you
The information we collect and process is required for us to be able to perform our contractual obligations and receive payment from you for the services we provide. Should you fail to provide this information, we would not be able to deliver under the terms of our contract with you.
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell your personal data. We may share your personal data with another party, including a third-party software vendor or service provider providing services on our behalf. We may also share your personal data with our payment provider to enable us to take payment from you.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary. We keep your contact information until we consider there is no need to provide technical support or until you request it to be erased.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data in particular ways, including processing based on the lawful basis of legitimate interests and direct marketing. Happyserver Limited does not use your data for direct marketing.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to yourself or another party in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability, for example in a format that is structured, commonly used, and machine-readable.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Further details regarding these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Contact and complaints
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: 01223 858433 (+44 1223 858433)
- or by post: Happyserver Limited, 19 Skylark Road, Cambridge CB2 9AQ UK.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website.