After you have started up Outlook choose:
- File -> Account and Social Network Settings -> Account and then the Email tab.
- Select New.
- Under Choose Service select E-mail Account.
- Complete the Your Name details. At the e-mail address prompt give your full email address. Ignore the requests for a password at this stage.
- At the bottom of the pane select Manual setup or additional server types and then select Next
- On the next screen – Choose Service POP or IMAP and then select Next
- Change the Account Type from POP3 to IMAP if required (recommended).
- Set the Incoming Mail Server to imap.happyserver.co.uk (or pop.happyserver.co.uk if pop3 was selected).
- Set the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp.happyserver.co.uk
- Do NOT tick ‘Require logon using Secure password Authentication’.
- For User Name, enter your email address and then select the button labelled More settings.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that both My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server are selected.
- Finally choose the Advanced tab.
- Under the Use the following type of encrypted connection choose TLS for the SMTP settings and SSL for the Incoming server IMAP or POP3
- The port should have changed automatically to port 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP3.
- Change the number for Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587
then select OK.
- Select Next. You should be see a logon screen and be prompted for your password. At the bottom of the pane you will see:
Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP)
Send test e-mail message
When both of these lines show a green tick on the left-hand on the left-hand side of the pane and ‘Completed’ on the right you have successfully setup your account.
- Select Finish.